Veterinary & Pre-Veterinary Academic Scholarship
The Dog Fence DIY Scholarship was established to assist pre-veterinary and veterinary students with their education. Grants are untied, and provide the recipient students flexibility in how they use the funds.
Dog Fence DIY is the leading retailer of dog containment and dog training products. Our mission is to help pet owners take better care of their pets through better information.
- $2,000 (distributed in increments of $500 per semester)
- To be used at the student’s discretion
Award Criteria and Eligibility
- Be enrolled in a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program, an undergraduate biology or pre-veterinary studies program, or the equivalent
- Be enrolled full-time and in good standing at an accredited university
- Hold a minimum 3.5 grade point average (GPA) or equivalent
- Undergraduate applicants, must have completed at least the first two years of undergraduate education and be a declared biology or pre-veterinary studies major
- Submit a 2,000 word essay on How to Be A Better Pet-Owner: Advice from a Veterinary Student
- The student must maintain a 3.5 GPA in order to receive each increment
- The student must maintain full-time enrollment, and must remain in good standing at their institution
- The student must remain in either a DVM, undergraduate biology or pre-veterinary program, or the equivalent
- June 1, 2013 for students applying for $2,000 award
- Dog Fence DIY will notify the recipient of the scholarship no later than August 1st, 2013. The winner’s essay will also be posted to this site.
Submit your essay along with your academic and personal details to email@example.com. Students should include their name, academic institution, and course of study.