Treat and Meal Recipes for Your Dog
Most dog owners love their pet as if they were a human member of their family and wish to treat them as such. Many dog owners buy the most expensive or most advertised dog food brand without paying attention to the actual nutritional value of the food. There is no official policing of the industry and basically anyone can sell dog food regardless of their training in pet nutrition. It is important to do your research and observe what you are giving your dog and if it truly a healthy part of their diet. One of the best ways to keep tabs on your pets nutritional intake is to cook their meals from scratch.
Health Benefits of Cooking For Your Dog
Cooking for your dog is a great way keep your dog healthy and happy and to meet all of their nutritional needs. It is time consuming and costs more than manufactured dog food, but it will give you the peace of mind that you are taking care of your dog as you would any member of your family.
Your dog needs the same basic nutrition you do to stay healthy. According to Dr. Ron Hines DVM PhD, “You can make a diet for your pet that furnishes about 20-45% protein, 5-10% fat and 20-35% carbohydrate if the food you serve your pet is made up of about 2-3 parts meat and 2-3 parts plant carbohydrates. To that diet, you need to add all the bone minerals that your pet needs. If you stay with that formula, the individual ingredients you supply in each group are up to you and your pet’s taste.“
Like humans, dogs like a variety of flavors and foods in their diets, so finding the best dog food recipes online will give you the resources to create meals and treats your dog will love you for. There are countless ways to combine foods and recipes to keep your dog happy, healthy and full of energy.
- Home Cooked Pet Diets, Home Made Recipes and Pet Nutrition: Information about diets for pets from a veterinarian.
- Homemade Dog Food: The types and benefits of homemade dog food, along with recipes that even lay out the cost to make the recipe.
- Ingredients for Cooking Dog Diets: The grains, protein, and veggies for making dog meals at home.
- Homemade Diets: All about feeding dogs homemade diets from Fosters & Smith.
- Home-Cooked Dog Food Diets: Suggestions for dog food made at home, with cautions about commitment and making sure you’re feeding for proper nutrition.
Chicken Meal Recipes
Chicken provides a great source of protein that will meet part of your dog’s nutritional needs. In recipes, you can use ground chicken breast, whole ground chicken or skinless chicken breast. Recipes like Divine Doggy Dinner with ground chicken, cooked rice, potato and green beans will be sure have your dog licking their lips. Even a delicious doggie chicken soup will be a sure hit.
- Chicken Dog Food Recipes: A list of several dog-tempting recipes including Chow Chow Chicken, Grrrrisotto and Yummy Chihuahua’s Stew.
- Chicken and Rice Dog Chow: Actually a doggie chicken soup made from boneless, skinless chicken breast with brown rice and a touch of frozen peas.
Beef Meal Recipes
Beef gives your dog another perfect source of protein. According to Dr. Hines, “If you use two-thirds to three quarters of the extra-lean product and the rest the ground chuck, you will supply your dog with a diet that contains meat with adequate fat and no added fat will be needed.” A recipe like Doggie Stew with beef, peas, lentils, carrots, parsley, sweet potatoes, organ meats, and brown rice will have your dog running to their food bowl.
- Beef & Other Meats Recipe: Recipe that will make enough food to freeze and feed one dog for a month.
- Beefy Dog Food Recipes: Lots of recipes that use beef (or chicken, turkey and lamb) to whet the doggie appetite.
Other Meal Recipes
If your household is vegetarian you can cook the same way for your dog, just make sure they get enough protein through eggs and cheese. There are lots of delicious vegetarian dish recipes just waiting for you to whip up. Dogs love cakes made with carrots and peanut butter and even frozen treats in the summer. You’ll find all the recipes you require on the Internet for keeping your dog satisfied.
- Indonesian Vegetables: Yummy main meal recipe for dogs in vegetarian households.
- Healthy Hound Casserole: Lots of rice and dog safe vegetables make this a healthy and tasty meal.
- Peanut Butter Carrot Cake: Dog safe cake recipe is made with lots of carrots and a bit of peanut butter.
- Recipes for Dogs: A page with dozens of recipes from dog treats to making home cooked bulk healthy dog food.
- Dog Recipes: Meals and side dishes, dog cakes, treats and frozen treats for summer, they’re all here.
Recipes For Dogs with Specific Dietary Needs
Dogs have food allergies and illnesses just like humans. A dog with diabetes cannot follow the same diet as a healthy dog, so be sure to consult your vet before starting to cook for them yourself. If you do have your vet’s approval and are sure about what your dog can and cannot have, then there are plenty of recipes to be found for dogs with specific needs. Just make sure all your dog’s nutritional needs are met and they are not given any foods that will cause them to become ill or be in pain.
- Anise Hypoallergenic Dog Treats: Just for dogs with allergies, this recipe is gluten-free, corn-free, wheat-free and milk-free.
- Diabetic Dog Treats: Just right for dogs with diabetes, these treats may become a favorite of their pals who aren’t diabetic.
Treat and Biscuit Recipes
Humans love treats and dogs are no different. Cook up some treats your dog will go crazy for like a birthday cake made with baby food and frosted with yogurt. Or try some delicious biscuits laced with mint to fight that stinky doggy breath. Many treat recipes use baby foods as a main ingredient and can be experimented with to make your own combinations.
- Breath Bustin’ Biscuits: Treats laced with chopped mint leaves to make for fresher canine breath.
- Birthday Cake: Perfect for a doggie birthday celebration, made with beef or liver baby food and frosted with yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Gourmet Dog Biscuits: Oats, raw liver and eggs are the base for this gourmet treat.
- Big Boy Beef Biscuits: Beef baby food adds extra flavor to these dog treats.
- Parmesan Herb Treats: A dash of Parmesan cheese and herbs added to three grain flours and chicken broth make these healthy treats also tasty.
Be aware, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), there are foods you should never feed your pet.
Our Most Popular Pages
best dog fence ~ smart dog fence ~ pig00 10777 ~ sdf 100 ~ dog fence without digging ~ wireless dog ~ dog containment fence ~ electric dog fence installation ~ innotek iuc 5100 ~ twisted wire ~ bury dog fence wire ~ wireless containment fence reviews ~ innotek sd 2225 ~ wifi dog fence ~ hc 8000 ~ perimeter technologies dog fence ~ ef 4000 ~ innotek 3000 ~ dog fence for small dogs ~ wire trencher ~ dog training fence ~ driveways and pathways ~ petsafe wireless ~ petsafe electric fence