The Doggy Information Resource
Dogs have long been considered man’s best friend. This description holds true in that these animals have become loyal companions for millions of people. In many situations, dogs are regarded as a member of the family. Dogs serve many purposes beyond being just a pet for the enjoyment of people. Many dogs are used in service for the disabled and assist with crime detection. There are many different types of breeds that exist, bringing variety to those who wish to own a dog. Through care, training and love, these animals can be helpful companions who find significance in people’s lives.
General Dog Resources
- Dog Resources: General information about dogs from the Berkeley Humane Society.
- Senior Dog Resources: Details about dog care specific to older dogs.
- Be a Responsible Dog Owner: Facts and suggestions when considering having a dog as a pet.
- Dog Care: General dog information from the American Society for Prevention and Cruelty to Animals.
- The Humane Society: Dogs: Standard information and resources about dogs, their health, and care.
Breed Information and Facts
- Dog Breed Directory: Brief information about most dog breeds.
- Breeder Referral List: This list of referral links to several websites which contain very specific information on various dog breeds.
- Choosing a Pet from Different Breeds: Comprehensive information about many types of breeds.
- British Bolognese Club: Details specific to the breed.
- The Beagle: Breed specific information from the Westminster Kennel Club.
- Golden Retrievers: Information on personality, cost, and much more about Golden Retrievers.
- Great Dane: A good amount of information on this large breed of dog.
- Toy Poodles: Information on the toy version of this popular show dogs.
- Yorkies: Facts about Yorkshire Terriers including health risks common in the breed.
- Goldendoodles and Labradoodles: Learn about these friendly and loving designer breeds.
- Cocker Spaniels: This page offers information on cocker spaniels from adults and kids alike.
- Bichon Frise: This fluffy dog is smart and loving. Learn lots of facts from this website.
- German Shepherds: This page includes facts, breed history and owner information.
Breed Clubs and Organizations
- Mixed Breed Dog Clubs of America: Website of the organization specializing in mixed breed dogs.
- German Shepherd Dog Club of America: Association focused specifically on German Shepherds.
- American Rare Breed Association: Information about breeds, shows, and care of rare breed dogs.
- The Endangered Breeds Association: Website providing resources, articles and information with the purpose of saving endangered breeds.
- United Poodle Breeds Association: Membership, events, links, and resources related to poodles.
- Delta Society: Homepage of the organization with information about service and therapy dogs.
- What Are Assistance Dogs?: Education about the types and purposes of assistance dogs.
- Service Animals: Information from the Americans with Disabilities Act about functions and laws pertaining to service dogs.
- Canine Companions for Independence: Organization devoted to training dogs for assistance.
- Power Paws: Training and developing service dogs for people with disabilities.
- Working Dogs: An article about certain dogs being trained to understand medical emergencies.
- Teaching the World about Wolves: An article about the background of the Rocky Mountain Wolf.
- Defenders of Wildlife: An organization focused on protection of wild animals. This article is about the red wolf.
- What’s in a Howl?: Details about the types of howling and other sounds wolves make and what they mean.
- Of Wolves and Dogs: Dispelling the Myths: A discussion of the differences between the two species.
- Citizens for Animal Protection: Information about dogs to adopt.
- Save a Homeless Puppy, Rescue and Older Dog:Guidance and resources for dog adoption.
- Dogs Connections: Links and information about adoption and rescue.
Dog Health and Care
- About Dog Health: Types of dog illness and common problems.
- Healthy Pet: Several common health problems and their symptoms found in dogs.
- Dog Care Essentials: Tips for maintaining optimal dog health.
- Building a Balanced Diet: An article about providing the best nutrition.
Spaying and Neutering
- SpayUSA: An article outlining the benefits of spaying and neutering.
- Protecting Animals: Information about the advantages of spaying and neutering, as well as what to expect from the process.
- Spay or Neuter your Pet!: A brochure defending the processes of spaying and neutering, as well as answering frequently asked questions.
- What You Should Know about Spaying and Neutering: Common questions and answers about the process.
- Positive Dog Training: Information about training a dog with positive reinforcement.
- Housetraining Your Puppy: Directions for the process of house training a young dog.
- Positive About Punishment: An article about punishment while training and when it is necessary.
- Basic Dog Obedience: Guidelines to elementary commands.
- Reading Canine Body Postures: Basic dog postures and what they mean.
- The Body of a Dog: An overview of the basic parts and features of dogs.
- Dog Body Language 101: Positive and negative signs of dog body language.
Intelligence and Behavior
- Dog Behavior and Training: Simple training techniques for general behavior issues.
- What do Dogs Know?: Account about the intelligence of dogs, with certain breeds highlighted.
- The Secrets Inside Your Dog’s Mind: An article discussing the intelligence of dogs.
- Does Your Dog Understand You?: A report about the mental capabilities of dogs.